Special needs camps are now even more successful at Licola Wilderness Village with our “All Access” 7 bedroom double accommodation block, that is equipped with ramps, bathrooms, beds, and living areas. It is another step towards our aim of becoming a truly “all access” camp.
Aims of Licola camps
- Provide an environment of fun and learning for all participants.
- Create a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Organise and conduct safe and rewarding activities.
- Challenge participants and encourage them to exceed their expectations.
- Encourage participants to have respect for themselves and others.
- Impart new skills, knowledge and understanding.
- Conduct programs that contain activities that prize involvement over winning and losing.
- Promote the feeling of self worth in those who believe they have little or none, and encourage them to rise to their full potential.
This is what some of our clients have had to say:
Melton Specialist School said:
- “Fantastic camp”
- “Fantastic staff, very efficient, awesome”
- “Great program”
- “Setting was great”
Sale Specialist School said:
- “Nice to see roads done, better accessibility for wheelchairs”
- “Interaction with other schools and students was one of the best bits”
Warringa Park Said:
- “All of the staff were great, helpful, enthusiastic, excellent, go out of their way to assist individuals”
- “Staff were safe and related well to students with disabilities”
- “Excellent open spaces for students to chill out”